St Mary’s Church, Brithdir
Please contact the Llanrhaeadr group
Rhos y Brithdir is a scattered hamlet on the ridge between the Tanat and Cain valleys at the south-east corner of Llanrhaeadr parish. There has been some new house building in recent years but the population is small and there is little in the way of public amenities. There are two chapels in the community, one Presbyterian and one Methodist.
2nd Sunday in the month - 3pm Eucharist
4th Sunday in the month - 3pm Evening Prayer
The services are bilingual
Special services as announced
The church is locked during the week.
St Mary’s church was built to provide a place of worship for those parishioners living in a part of the parish over 3 miles from the parish church. The foundation stone was laid in 1891 by Lady Wynn and opened in 1892. It is dedicated as a memorial to Bishop William Morgan who was vicar of the parish when he published his translation of the Bible into Welsh in 1588. The church consists of a single cell chancel and nave with a single aisle and a bell turret. A porch with two vestries was added in 1925. The building is situated beside the Llanrhaeadr to Llanfyllin road, and there are magnificent views across the Tanat valley towards Llanrhaeadr and the Berwyn mountains beyond.
Last updated 8th April 2015.